Being a Mommy as a career

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Please do not mistake this post as a rant vs. mothers who have office jobs, or as a rant vs. husbands who earn a living. It's not. This is just my realization on Mommyhood.

This is my current Facebook status:

-Do I work?
Yes. I work 24 hours a day.

-Why?
Because I'm a MOM. I am a cook, a cleaner, a parent, a teacher, a referee, a nanny, a nurse, a handyman, a maid, a security officer, a photographer, a counselor, a comforter, etc. I don't get holidays, sick pay or any days off. I work through the DAY and NIGHT. I am on call at ALL hours. Tell me your job is harder than mine. Post if you're proud being a MOM.
A couple of months ago, I also read something about If being a Mommy was a paid job we'd earn one of the, if not the, highest salaries.

I definitely agree to them both. Being a full-time Mommy is not an easy task. When I was younger and had no family of my own, I took for granted everything my mother did. I took for granted her cooking, her cleaning, how she does the laundry, her budgeting skills, everything.

Now that I have a family of my own, I realize it's such a difficult job, and you always do them simultaneously! Now I understand the saying that their "Children are the center of the universe" or that "Family comes first".

I'm not complaining though. I love seeing my little Missy so happy. I love playing with her, reading to/with her, watching cartoons with her. I also love it when her Daddy comes home and says that he loves the smell of what I've cooked and is all excited for dinner. I love it when he tells me about his day and asks me what I think about this and that. I love my life.

I do know though that I still have a lot to learn, especially when it comes to cleaning. Around here we always have helpers for cleaning but now that I do it all alone, I find it so hard to clean the house and keep everything organized. I know I'll learn. I know it'll take time, but I will.

This post is dedicated to all mothers, or husbands who stay at home and live the mother role. From the bottom of my heart, I am so proud of you and know that you are appreciated.



Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Maica Ocfemia- Figuracion Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:27:00 PM  

Hi mommy! I am also a proud mom. Sometimes, it crosses my mind to work again because I do miss the corporate world but whenever I see my little girl I know that she needs me 24/7 and she's more important than the satisfaction that I'll get from my high-paying job before. Pls visit my site too www.ilovekeisha.com Thank you1

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP