New favorite word - Arrrrrr!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Yes, little Missy is now a Pirate!  She's addicted to Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Arrrrr!

Ever since the pilot episode, she hasn't missed an episode I think, even if some of them are already reruns (to think they only launched July 11).  Because of her like of the new characters, she has already expressed interest as to what her birthday theme will be.  Care to take a guess?  Yes, pirates!

Because I consider it pretty unusual for a girl, I started looking online for pirate costumes.  I didn't know they cost so much so I saved some pictures and will ask around if someone can sew them locally.  Most costumes I saw were sold in the US so aside from the cost of the costume, shipping cost might just kill me.

I also thought of looking for adult pirate costumes just in case the hubby and I decide to wear the theme too. I don't think our regular malls offer these costumes for adult but I'm sure I will be able to save on the cost for the accessories, like the laces and frills for the tops, the black support pantyhose for the mommy pirate, the boot covers for the daddy pirate and other costume paraphernalia like hats, swords and belts. 

If only I could find someone to sew the costume for us, I know it'll be such a great hit when little Missy's birthday comes.  Wish me luck... and if you know of someone who's good in sewing costumes, please do drop me a line at mytotsexactly (at) yahoo.com  I sure appreciate all the help I can get.

Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

The Pepperrific Life Sunday, July 24, 2011 3:27:00 PM  

Why don't you try putting together a few odds and ends and come up with a pirate costume? You could get a long-sleeved top, some shiny balloon pants (sorry, I don't know what they're called :) ), a black belt, and don't forget the vest. You can maybe just papier mache a pirate's hat. Top off the look with an eye patch :)

Reply to comment
M Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:11:00 PM  

I know there's a stall in divisoria which sells costume. It might be cheaper there compared to ordering online or buying from the mall. There are also shops where you can rent, but it might be a bit expensive. I guess divisoria would be a good source. Or improvise. :)

Reply to comment
Vitamix Australia Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:52:00 PM  

There are also shops where you can rent, but it might be a bit expensive.Why don't you try putting together a few odds and ends and come up with a pirate costume?

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP