Lessening the Phobia

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thanks to a different kind of doctor (Developmental Pedia in Not a Doctor), little Missy is not as afraid of them anymore. She associated getting her shots with doctors and nurses in scrubs since we’ve been doing this for months for her vaccinations. I wouldn’t blame her because every time she’d see her regular pedia, she’d get a shot. We didn’t have any visits for plain consultations because she doesn’t get sick much.

Before our Dev’t. Pedia visit, I was actually thinking to buy scrubs online. I thought that if she gets used to the idea of seeing me wear scrubs at home, maybe I can lessen the phobia every time she sees a nurse in scrub at the clinic because then she knows she will soon be ushered to her doctor’s office for a shot.

Maybe even those branded tops that look like scrubs but have fancy designs would work too. That way, I can also use them when going out and then she’d think that they’re for casual wear and that seeing them doesn’t mean we will automatically go to her doctor for a shot.


Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP