Decorating with etageres

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We are starting to plan for our house next year, yay! The lot is almost paid for and I’m thinking it’s just about time too so that our little Missy can start cherishing her most memorable moments from our home, not in a rented place.

For the design and all, Daddy gets to think about that. I have no talent in maximizing spaces or imagining planes and axes so that I’ll leave up to him. My share in all this is the type of accents, furnitures and fixtures.

Learning from our recent place, one thing I will never have too much of are bathroom etageres. Of course this is keeping in mind that we have quite a spacious bathroom. Having etageres in the bathroom can give it a more “homey” feel. I’m thinking of showing off some figurines (from birthday/wedding souvenirs), fresh flowers and scented candles in the bathroom. Why? The bathroom is one place in the house that we spend most of our time in so I want to make it more inviting and relaxing.

etagere
Photo courtesy of etagerestore.com

Luckily I found a great Etagere store online and maybe I buy some pieces from them when the house is almost complete. For now, I’m showing off their great pieces to Daddy so he gets a feel of the theme I want for our humble abode.

Are you a fan of etageres too? Don't you think they add a bit more character to a home?

Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

The Pepperrific Life Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:17:00 AM  

Honestly, I never knew they were called etageres until now :). Yup, they do beautify any living space.

Reply to comment
Vitamix Australia Friday, May 20, 2011 4:22:00 PM  

I am starting a business in my home that is made up of personalized canvas paintings and other personalized home decorative items. I would like for it to eventually grow to become a gift shop.I would love to have a creative unique name.any ideas? Thanks

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP