Chic In Black Monday 6 - Missing you

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I just realized Monday is the busiest day of the week for me just because I try to make up with the chores from the past weekend. So from now on, I'll have to keep in mind to make a post for Chic In Black before the weekend so it always comes out on time. My apologies to those who waited.

Anyway, my entry today is a result of a chat session with a friend. We were discussing blogging and the subject of owning a camera came up. Although we have a Nikon, sometimes I feel it best to have a point-and-shoot camera still, I actually miss my almost 10-yr old Kodak. A dslr is so heavy that my arms really hurt after a couple of hours use. Also, if you're in such a hurry and don't know how to settings yet, you miss a lot of good shots because you feel you try to adjust the settings because they don't come out great. That one time that I covered a family affair, my hands and arms hurt and my neck hurt as well because I'd just let it hang when I was tired. That was when I wished I still had my trusty, old P&S.

Should I get enough budget to buy my P&S, I'm opting for this.

Panasonic Lumix LX-5
Photo from CNET Australia
mytotsexactly CIB Monday

Hubby and I really like this because of it's great reviews. When one of hubby's office mate asked for his advice on what to buy, he told her to buy this and I was looking at her shots on FB and they're shot like an dslr! I'm so impressed and I hope I can save enough for it. But, I still want to enroll in a basic photography class to learn more on how to get the best of our dslr. I still want to use that for scenic shots, for those that command concentration. But if I want to capture little Missy's best (which is 24/7), a trusy new P&S is needed, don't you think so?

Hope you all have a great week ahead!

To join us, please visit our first post for the mechanics - Chic In Black Monday #1 and then join our linky below.



Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

20 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

nicquee Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:53:00 AM  

That is why despite Mon getting that nice DSLR from his sister as a gift, it did not stop me from wanting my own P&S. Too bad Erin is sick now, Mon sort of broke her LCD. Must really bring her to the doctor before things get worse.

How much is this cam?

Reply to comment
Kat Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:16:00 AM  

@nicquee

Price starts at around 19k for this though if my budget is a bit short, I can go for the LX3 too at 15k :)

Reply to comment
posh post Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:16:00 AM  

right. that is why even though almost all our friends have DSLR, we still stick with our point and shoot. we cannot afford to have both, so i prefer the small one. i can just insert it in my bag and carry it with me anywhere and capture my daughter's moments. of course i would like a dlsr if i can afford it, but point and shoot is still more convenient.

Reply to comment
Yannie Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:19:00 AM  

I know this is quiet late... But hope my first entry for Chic in Black Monday will be considered. hehehe....

I'm preparing this entry last Sunday. Unfortunately we do not have connection yesterday....

Reply to comment
Mars @ The Life Encounters Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:53:00 PM  

I haven't really handled a DLSR and since I'm small, I'm sure I'd be having a hard time handling one. I'd still go for a digicam. ^_^

Reply to comment
Kero Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:40:00 PM  

i do have friends who enjoy using Lumix..

good luck sis. hope you'll get this toy before the year ends =)

my entry id here http://www.mrspinkihan.com/nikon-d5000/

Reply to comment
cherry@secondhandphilosophy Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:16:00 PM  

i'm also saving up for that lx5. hope i can buy soon kase wasak na yun 7-year old NIKON ko. =)

http://www.secondhandphilosophy.com/2011/05/chic-in-black-gucci/

Reply to comment
IMRIZ Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:57:00 PM  

i probably can't have dslr in 10 years time^_^. thus, i'm content w/ my obsolete dsc t70:) plus, im afraid owning a dslr will be the start of a more expensive hobby; buying lenses & accessories & probably enrolling in a photog.class to learn how to maximize the use of the gadget.

Reply to comment
Gene of LateBloomerBlog Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:31:00 PM  

I super love the LX3, bili ka na rin! Pareho pala tayong Nikon dslr user. Same din ng reason that's why our dslr are always left at home and we use our cellphone's camera when we were out. Hubby finally gave me my Lexi (the name of our LX3) on our anniversary earlier this year. I've been a happy mum since then, hahaha!

Reply to comment
Arlene Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:34:00 PM  

i think this will be a good pick. i know someone with a p&s like this and they are enjoying it along with their dslr. :)

Reply to comment
Conversion Doctor Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:40:00 PM  

When I see a professional cam it gives pain in the butt. Nah, how I wish I could have. It's pretty expensive for me. I'm planning to buy DSLR from Canon or Nikon.

Reply to comment
moonstar Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:43:00 PM  

since my P&S got broke i never had a chance to buy one again because i opt to have a new cell with 8mp. I think, it was quite handy for me considering that i don't need to bring another camera in my bag but i do wish i can have my dream SLR someday, someday! LOL.

Reply to comment
J Allyssa Friday, May 20, 2011 12:00:00 AM  

I lost my trusty P&S and got a DSLR as a graduation gift. I miss my P&S espeialy during those times when I don't feel like bringing my entire camera bag with me and when moments are too precious to not take pictures but my SLR takes too much time to focus. :/

Reply to comment
Vitamix Australia Friday, May 20, 2011 4:35:00 PM  

I enjoy taking pictures of nature, and most of the time they turn out good, but whenever I try to take pictures in the forest, they always come out blurred. I am not shaking the camera (I have tried setting it down with auto-take) and I have thoroughly cleaned the lens. My theory is that the difference in light coming through the trees, or the many different distances of the branches from the camera are messing it up. I don't have any knowledge of the workings of digital cameras though, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to comment
Vitamix Australia Friday, May 20, 2011 7:03:00 PM  

why our dslr are always left at home and we use our cellphone's camera when we were out.

Reply to comment
Rossel Friday, May 20, 2011 7:06:00 PM  

that's a great P&S camera sis. ako naman gusto ko sana yung nikon p500 kaaso ala pa rin budget...ehehe.

may 16 pa itong post ko pero di ko pa pala nalink. thanks for reminding me.

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP