Blogger is back

Saturday, May 14, 2011

So a lot of bloggers knew that Blogger was down for 1 or 2 days. Being a newbie, I was scared of what might happen because I don't regularly back up my blog. Lesson learned, now I know I'll back it up every week!

Anyway, as soon as I read that people can login to their accounts again, I too tried and lo and behold, it worked. I got in and found all my posts intact, whew! The only thing I had a problem with was the layout. The 2 sidebars on the right weren't functioning. They all occupied 1 column.

I tried to fix them manually, but whether I was moving or adding widgets, nothing worked. They layout was still broken. I posted a one line rant about it in an FB group but I figured I would just sleep on it for one night and try to manually fix them again the next day, even if it meant the need to change the layout.

As soon as I woke up, I did all my chores and went online. I'm so happy that the layout has been restored, yahooo! Now I'm backing up my blog and my template, and contemplate if it's time to move to wordpress.

What do you think?

Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

7 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

ambquezada Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:59:00 PM  

I was also thinking of moving to wordpress. but the hassle of transferring everything is making me think twice. I hope there's another way of doing it though.

Reply to comment
Phoebe's Blissful Life Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:02:00 PM  

Lipat na kayo sa wordpress. :) Lahat ng blogs ko nasa wordpress na. hehe. nakalimutan ko na mga log in ko sa blogger e. :)

Pinay Mama
Phoebe's Blissful Life
Baguio Boy
Baguio Food

Reply to comment
Unknown Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:08:00 PM  

Im staying with blogger. Every blog thing has its downside. Blogger has been nice to me for 5 years ... I know I'm staying.

Reply to comment
Sheryl of Georyl.com Monday, May 16, 2011 9:25:00 AM  

aw.. i thought it's just me because I was trying to open my old blogger blog (i'm in WP right now) and can't access it.

i better backup my WP blogs too.. just in case....

Reply to comment
mama Monday, May 16, 2011 5:52:00 PM  

good for you. i did not touch my blogger blogs while there was a problem. my problem was, i could not comment on those with blogger blogs!

Reply to comment
Dothy Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:01:00 AM  

Dahil nga sa pagdown ng blogger marami akong nakitang site na nagtransfer na sa wordpress...

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP