Chic in Black Monday

Monday, April 11, 2011

A couple of months ago Mommy Rubz, the founder of PMC asked if somebody would like to continue or start her meme again. The color theme was Black and it was originally scheduled to run every Monday.

At first I was a little iffy about it being on a Monday. Who wants to start their week with something as somber as black? But then after a couple of discussions in our group, I got an idea that since BLACK is almost always used for formal affairs, it is actually seen as something formal, something chic. Most fab things come in black anyway, right? I know, my tots/thoughts exactly!

So I finally made up my mind that it can be done. Since there is always something "chic" in black, then... (drum roll please) I present CIB Monday -


So here is how it works.

  1. Every Monday, post a picture of anything black that you think is "Chic". It may be your own photo or something "borrowed" from the internet as long as you CITE the source. I always promote giving courtesy and respect to where and whom it is due.
  2. You can include a short write-up or not about the photo. It's all up to you.
  3. Link up your Chic in Black post URL (not your main blog URL please)
  4. Make sure you include the badge somewhere in your post (or even in your sidebar if you want to show that you are a proud participant, thank you very much :))
  5. Visit the other entries and make sure to leave a comment so the blog owner will know you dropped by. Some owners allow links on their comments (mine does!) so you can use it to link back to your own entry. Try to visit as many as you can, if not all, so others will visit you back.
  6. Enjoy all the little (or not) BLACK things in life that we all think is Chic.
  7. Lastly, have fun!
And now, my very first entry:


^^I bought this shoe when I had to attend a wedding last January 29th. I bought it in minutes, literally. Daddy dropped me off at the door nearest to the Department Store around 8:50pm (almost all shops were closed). The guard even told me I couldn't go in anymore. I just told him I'm picking up someone, LOL. Then I ran to the Department Store and asked for assistance right away as to the lowest heeled, open black shoe with my size. In 2 minutes they got me 3 pairs, I chose 2 and they ran for my size (I think they also wanted to go home already too). In 2 minutes they were back, I tried it on, chose 1 and paid. I was out of there and in the car by 8:57pm.


You can grab any of the codes here Chic In Black Badges

Join now! Linky up below:




Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

26 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Cielo of Brown Pinay Monday, April 11, 2011 5:00:00 PM  

Added mine, most of the designs of my sandals are similar to yours (open para presko & relaxed ang feet)

Reply to comment
Kero Monday, April 11, 2011 7:13:00 PM  

i soo need an open-toe sandals right now. absolutely don't have the time to shop yet waaah!

supporting your meme sis! I look forward to the weekly fun!

Reply to comment
gracia Monday, April 11, 2011 8:42:00 PM  

Grabbed your badge ... pls. include my link too! I am your new black monday meme follower.

Reply to comment
Edsie Monday, April 11, 2011 11:35:00 PM  

good thing you were able to easily choose from the pairs they gave you.. i usually have a hard time choosing shoes or sandals.. takes me at least an hour to find a perfect pair..


i have relatives in holland as well.. and they send me bags once in a while.. love it!!

Visit my entry too!! Happy chic monday!
Chic in Black Monday # 1

Reply to comment
Rossel Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:30:00 AM  

sexy sandals. i have a pair that has the same design as yours, only mine is white. congrats to your new meme, Sis!

Reply to comment
Made By Gen Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:37:00 AM  

I like this meme since there are many black pictures i got and wow we can borrow a pic too? Anyway, mine is up...

Reply to comment
Rechie Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:43:00 AM  

i'll definitely join next time..i love black when it comes to clothing coz it hides some of my bulges

Reply to comment
Lulu Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:44:00 AM  

wow you gave me an idea, i got some black shoes, pumps, sandals and more... does it mean i don't have an excuse not to join? lol

Reply to comment
jared's mum Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:51:00 AM  

okay, where have i been hiding + was not able to catch wind of this?will be checking my stuffs for something black so i can join, nice one this is mommy^^

Reply to comment
latebloomerblog Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:10:00 PM  

I wish I could be that fast when shopping shoes. I can't seem to focus when there are so many choices, what more with so little time.

My Chic in Black Monday entry: black shoes

Reply to comment
Anonymous,  Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:58:00 PM  

I couldn't buy shoes in 2 minutes....but you got a nice one.

Reply to comment
jared's mum Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:24:00 AM  

ugh, i was too caught up with my laundry chores yesterday i totally forgot to post my entry:( will just join next week sis, sorry about that!

Reply to comment
raya Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:01:00 PM  

wow i really admire spur-of-the moment shopping... I can do that too. Skill siguro? hahaha. thanks for visiting my entry, mommy!

Reply to comment
gene Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:26:00 AM  

I'm so proud of myself! I'm done with blog hopping all the entries! Hope to see you all next week!

Reply to comment
May Monday, April 18, 2011 6:02:00 AM  

Hi Kat! Finally got around to doing my CIB rounds... and it's Monday already... eeek!! Thank you, thank you for your lovely comment on my CIB entry. And yeah, my lil bro passes for a dweeb too... LoL. But let's be kinder to him (which is why I am affirming it here rather than on my own blog hahaha). He is doing some web design work for me after all.... :D

Reply to comment
mama Monday, May 02, 2011 2:55:00 PM  

nice pair! been wanting to join this but could not find anything black around here. hope to find some more. :D

Reply to comment
The Hippie Mum Friday, July 08, 2011 7:40:00 PM  

I wanna join... I just hope I won't forget participating on a Monday. Hihi. By the way, exchange links?

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP