International Women's Day 2011 and my 1st Blogaversary

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First, thank you Google for commemorating this day with all of us women. As I clicked on the logo, it actually took me to a special page where we can join different events for the day instead of resulting to search pages. I joined te International Women's Day Parade - Stronger Women for Stronger Nations which was supposed to be a walk in one of the cities nearby but I never did leave the house. I virtually joined the event which was really, really cool.


Next, I am honored to have been in the presence of Sr. Mary John Mananzan when I was still in High School (she became President 4 years after I graduated HS). She has inspired a lot of women in our country and I hope that more women realize that we are strong, that we have rights, that we are smart and that we should be loved. Sr. Mary John Mananzan was cited by the New York-based Women Deliver to mark the 100th International Women's Day.

Lastly, today also marks my first blogaversary. My very first post, My Blog-breaker was posted on March 8th, 2010 at 3:51pm. I am happy to say that in a year of blogging I have learned a lot. I have been (and still am being) educated about the workarounds in this internet-based world. Through blogging, I have also earned somehow from the confines of my home while caring for my little Missy 24/7. Thank you everyone who shared this 1-year journey with me. Thank you to my super husband who supported me all the way and never failed to let me know that I am appreciated. Thank you to all my mommy friends from all over the world (OCB, HML, BC, PMB/PMC).

I am proud to be a woman. I am proud to be a wife and a mom. I am proud to be your friend. I hope you'll journey with me for many, many more years to come.

Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

5 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

teecup Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:50:00 PM  

Happy blogaversary! To blog for a year and not lose heart is a feat. I'm glad you made it. :)

Reply to comment
nicquee Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:34:00 AM  

It's been a year already?! Ang bilis no! Congratz on your 1st Blogversary! Maraming taon pa ang pagsasamahan natin online.

Reply to comment
Stay at Home Blessings by Chin chin Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:58:00 PM  

Happy 1st blogversary. It is indeed a great feeling when you know you've accomplished something. More blessings to come especially for us women/mommy bloggers.

Reply to comment
Clavel Friday, March 11, 2011 10:10:00 PM  

Wow that is definitely a winner pose! tnx for your lovely comment on my pink post. BTW, I just became your newest follower, hope you follow me back...
clavs

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP