Dreaming of my own house

Monday, December 6, 2010

My friend Glenda was so excited to show me pictures of their unit. She had it renovated and wanted to know what I thought about her new house. She first sent me the old pictures through a private message in Facebook. (Yeah I know, facebook. It's the fastest we could use. Ever tried photo sharing and it would be pixelated forever?) The one by one she showed me the new pictures.

I love how she designed her living room. She put a huge mirror on one of her walls which made the room seem bigger. I also love the effect of using pin lights instead one main light in the center of the room. Somehow the pin lights made a softer, calmer effect. I also loved the colors she used on the room, a play of dark brown/black wooden furniture against yellow walls, highlighted by the yellow-toned pin lights and adobe bricks.

The paleness and earthiness of the living room was startling contrast to the shocking red of her kitchen. It's somewhat how I want my kitchen to be too, lots of cabinets instead of things lying around, well maybe except the color. But what I liked most about her kitchen was her oven. For those who know me, you guys now I still don't have an oven... soon though, soon!

So this got me thinking about my dream home. We've almost paid off our lot (yay!) and we're in the planning stage for the house construction. Since I'm no longer working, I'm sure I'll be hands on with it and anticipate seeing lots of power tools and perhaps an annular cutter or a metal hole saw. I know it'll be rough since I have no knowledge of how things go, but since it's my house, my dream home, I'd rather be there to realize that dream that leave it up to the experts. With this dream turning into a reality, I am the only expert.

Thanks Glen for sharing your home. I love it!

Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Elvie Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:15:00 PM  

It's always great to have our own house, it's an accomplishment even if you don't have money after that.

by the way, followed you in GFC, hope you could follow back. :)

Reply to comment
janakidiary Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:55:00 PM  

congrats on your almost paid lot! it just feels liberating to have something fully paid, right? Good luck on your dream house!

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP