My Sister and Hospitals

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My sister hates hospitals. Let's just say that she's never had a nice experience with hospitals all her life. I know you only go to hospitals when you're sick and of course it will never be a nice experience, and that's not what I meant. What I meant was that every time she goes to the ER, it takes them more than 2 hours before the initial check-up.

I've tried explaining to her that it's because they prioritize based on the sense of urgency. Of course the more life-threatening symptoms would always be looked at first. I know sometimes it's unreasonable to wait 2 hours, especially if 4 rounds of patients have been checked before you, but if that's the way it is, then that's the way it always will be. I just usually nag them after 2 hours to have tests done already because if they did the first hour, the results would be in by the 2nd hour.

Yesterday afternoon she complained of severe pain in her right abdominal area that extended to her back. She usually tolerates pain well but this one she couldn't take anymore. My other sister called me to let me know so that I can decide on the matter since my mom was out. I called my cousin and asked a favor to drive my sister to the ER. While they were preparing, my other sister and her husband rode the motorcycle to look for my mom. They found her after a couple of minutes, she was walking on her way home from a Church meeting.

My mom and sister got to the hospital around 7:15pm. At 7:30 they had her in a private ER Room (wow, just 15 minutes in the Triage!!) and had already scheduled for CT scans. By 8:00pm she was wheeled in the CT Scan/X-Ray area and was done in minutes, the staff also processed her papers for confinement. By 9pm her results were out and at 9:30pm she was in her private room.

I think with this experience my sister will actually see hospitals in a new light. She will understand why people had to wait 2 hours... because of cases like hers last night. The nurses and doctors checked her right away because she was literally writhing in pain. They had to rule out appendicitis and kidney/gall stones.

As of this writing, her scans came out negative. Her urinalysis had traces of stone but nothing conclusive. She is still under observation though because another theory was that her sugar was too high (she's a Diabetic) and the formation of acids in her digestive track was just too strong yesterday (I hope I explained or termed that correctly).

We're going to visit her in a couple of hours. They already allowed her to eat, though to start she will be on a liquid diet. At least she won't be all mad and crazy of hunger when we get there.

My Sister and Hospitals... a whole new light. I hope she'll be fine and released soon. And, I hope she does follow a strict diet and be more active this time, she's majorly obese.

Have a great Saturday. What will keep you busy today?

Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

15 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Unknown Saturday, November 27, 2010 5:15:00 PM  

diabetic?? oh she needs to watch her diet. I hope she will get well soon.

ay oo katukayo, nilalagyan ko na rin ng abbreviation after my name kasi minsan akala ko ako yong nag cha-chatbox, tapos sabi ko, ba't iba ang message hahaha...hindi lang tayo ang "kat", may 2 pa, pero mga "kana" hehehe

Reply to comment
Dhemz Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:17:00 AM  

nako korek si teJosie...mahirap nga mag christmas sa hospital...hope she gets better...:)

Reply to comment
Unknown Wednesday, December 01, 2010 10:36:00 AM  

Hello Mommy Kat dropping by from Pinay mommies group. Hope your sister is better now.

Reply to comment
Mommy Jes Wednesday, December 01, 2010 1:17:00 PM  

hi there! get well soon to your sis!! my brother dn is takot sa hospital..parang hihimatayin pag nsa hospital :)) thanks for following! follow n dn kita :)

Reply to comment
Jade Samson - Diva Fabulosa Wednesday, December 01, 2010 2:04:00 PM  

I hope your sister gets better soon. My grandma was a diabetic too...I know how difficult it must be.

Reply to comment
Verna Luga Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:32:00 PM  

HI Mommy Kat. hope your sister is fine now.. thanks for dropping by .. All the best.. see you around.

Reply to comment
PL Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:11:00 PM  

my mom is obese and she's diabetic too, and she doesn't want to listen to us, and like your sis, she doesn't like hospitals either. well, i hope your sis will be okay.

Pink Memoirs

Reply to comment
Rossel Sunday, December 05, 2010 5:08:00 PM  

i am sorry about your sister. hope she is fine now.

btw, I am now following you through Pinay Mommy Bloggers. Hope you could follow my links too…
http://www.topicsonearth.com
http://momsupsndowns.blogpspot.com

God bless!

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP