My trip to the ER

Monday, September 13, 2010

I finally agreed for hubby to take me to the ER yesterday afternoon. I've been running low grade fever for 3 days and pains everywhere. I finally decided to give in just to be on the safe side.

I was considering two things, first, that it was leading up to Dengue (yes, my paranoia has set in because I was feeling the same things I felt 17 years ago when that darn mosquito bit me and hospitalized me for a month!) OR it was a relapse of my UTI.

When the triage nurse checked me, he asked if I would agree to a CBC test so he can make a request for it already (I guess since there were a lot of people in queue for blood testing). I agreed and also asked if he can request for urinalysis too since it might be that too and he agreed. When the doctor came and checked on me, she did say it might be a recurrence of the UTI rather than Dengue since my fever were low grade, but she will have me tested for the Dengue antigen nonetheless.

After 2 hours of waiting, I finally got my result. I know I should have blown my head off, 2 hours of waiting!!! But I didn't. Why?? It's because of the second part of my story.

They said the test results would normally come back after an hour... but when the hour came, I started pacing the floor. This was when I realized the never ending stream of patients coming in. What broke my heart is that 1 out of 3 patients is a child. Basing from what I overhear from the nurses, most of them were being tested for Dengue. Most children had fever running from 38.5C to 39.2C. Some of the children who were subjected to tourniquet had rashes all over their arms and faces.

This was the Dengue outbreak I hear on the news... in the flesh, and it's affecting mostly children! I hate mosquitoes even more now! I forgot all about my test results and just wished that these kids got their test results so they could be given the proper medications. I know what they will go through, I've been there and it almost cost me my life... but I was 17. I had an advantage over them. These kids were between 2-8 and a couple in their early teens.

Please help me pray for their safety. They're just kids. I don't know any of them personally, but as I said, I wouldn't wish Dengue even on my enemy.

Thanks for reading. Please be safe and I hope you have a great weekend.

Oh, and my test results were negative for Dengue. It was a relapse of my UTI. The doctor who checked me 3 weeks ago never told me I had to have another Urinalysis done after the treatment to make sure the antibiotics killed the infection. Apparently, it didn't thus the relapse.

Happy Monday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

6 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

AVMCS Monday, September 13, 2010 9:04:00 PM  

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm a new email subscriber from Mailbox Monday. Have a great week!

Becky from:
http://averymerrychristmasstore.blogspot.com
http://www.sueberrylane.info

Reply to comment
Kat @My Tots Exactly Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:22:00 AM  

I am feeling a bit better now, thank you Becky. Dropped by your blog too and am now following you back and am your newest subscriber. :D

Reply to comment
icefairy Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:42:00 AM  

Good to know you're feeling better now. Thank you for following me from Mailbox Monday. I'm returning the favor.

Take care,
http://icefairystreasurechest.blogspot.com/

Reply to comment
Amy Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:44:00 AM  

Oh how scary for those parents! I pray they got help quickly!

Following you back! Thanks for stopping by!

Reply to comment
Kimberly Walker Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:26:00 AM  

I hope you're feeling better then you were. I hate those UTI's... so annoying!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following yours and look forward to checking in to see how you're doing. Get better soon.
All the best,
Kim

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP