Countdown to 2

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In 3 days, at exactly 6:36pm, my little girl will be 2 years old.

I still remember years ago, when we had a hard time conceiving. We tried a lot of different things just to have a child, and when we gave up, God gave us His precious gift. This is when I really felt in my heart that he chose the right time.

The very first thing we decided to buy was her playard. Although I knew she would be a girl, I still wanted something neutral so we opted for something in denim and brown. I love it as soon as I saw it. Then the salesperson said they had a bassinet stroller of the same color, plus an attachment for a car seat. We thought about it for days but had it reserved. It broke our wallet but it was worth it. We used the detachable bassinet until she was comfortable lifting her head, the carseat doubled as her high chair and the stroller, we still use until now.

This was the most memorable "shopping spree" I had before having a baby. All I felt was contentment, excitement and anticipation. But months after she was born, the same stroller was used to wheel her into her Pediatrician's office. It was for her ear piercing.

A lot of people told me to not have her ears pierced, to just let her decide when she comes of age. Personally, I would have liked that. But as someone who had her ears pierced as a baby, I had second thoughts. I can't thank my parents enough for having my ears pierced when I was only months old. It probably really hurt, but I was too young to remember so I have never been traumatized by needles. This was what led me to decide to have her ears pierced at 5 months. She actually took it pretty well. She just cried when the doctor held her lobes but when he let go, she only cried for a couple of seconds.

Sadly, those earrings got lost when she was about 14 months old. We had to buy her another set but that didn't go too well. We thought she could handle the regular ones but the ends were too sharp and she kept scratching. To this day, she still wears those baby screw back earrings type. Come to think of it, I should buy her a new one... as a birthday gift.

But, she has more on her mind nowadays than earrings. She has been particularly fond of animals, especially monkeys. I guess it might be because of her Curious George books. She just loves him! It's actually why we've been buying her monkey baby clothes since before she turned 1. And, as a treat to her, we might take her to the zoo on Friday. We thought it's high time for her to see a real monkey. I really hope our trip to the zoo pushes through. If it does, I'll let you know what happens to her... and the monkeys.

Oh well... thanks so much for reading. Thanks for sharing with me my fondest memories of her "baby-hood". Once she turns 2, I'm pretty sure time will fly even faster... and yes, I know about the Terrible Two stage. I say, bring it on!

Any tips for me on how to handle a possible terrible two?

Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Colie's Kitchen Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:08:00 AM  

Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

Reply to comment
lisar Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:15:00 AM  

aww 2 aready! kate has become really fond of animals aswell she told me she wants to be a vet!

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP