Baby Powder? Where are you?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My mom left her small 30g baby powder container at my house yesterday. She wanted little missy to play with it. I have a 500g baby powder (same brand) container they my little girl calls Mommy Powder, so by default, my mom's powder became Baby Powder.

When I was fixing the bed, I was absent-minded and put baby powder in my drawer. At first I thought my daughter was singing. She's in the stage now where she loves making up lyrics to her own songs. But as I listened closely, she was singing in a singsong voice, "Baby powder? Baby powder? Where are you?" (But she pronounced it as "Baby power, baby power, whe a you?")

I didn't directly look at her, I was observing and waiting what she would do next. She turned over all the pillows, looked under the comforter, scaled the side of the bed if it fell in between the bed and the wall, looked behind the headboard, but no baby power.

I slowly stood up and got baby powder and so that she wouldn't notice, I very gently put it near the edge of the bed, just a small area peeking out the edge of the comforter. After about 5 seconds, she squeals, "Baby power!! They you a!"

I couldn't help smiling. She's really grown up! I can't believe she'd do this already because she's just 1 year and 9 months! I didn't anticipate that it would be this early that she'd be able to make up her own songs, feed herself using her own utensils, and decide for herself (food, clothes, what to watch, etc). Wow! Time flew by me so fast!

To my little baby, please don't grow up right away. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to treasure every single second of your being a baby! But I'm so proud of you with everything that you are and everything that you do. I love you Baby :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP