AH1N1 again. It's house arrest all over again.

Monday, July 12, 2010

So there are 6 children with AH1N1 again in Ilocos Sur plus 15 more under observation. I pray that they get well soon, and that the virus doesn't spread.

The thing is, this kind of news really scares me. Not just for me and my family but for everyone. Imagine all the helpless children, who just unknowingly play like they always do everyday then bam! They're sick.

When news of AH1N1 broke out last year, I literally didn't go out the house unless I needed to. And if I did take my daughter out, I'd have 2 bottles of alcohol with me, one in my pocket, the other in her bag. I know I'm probably paranoid but I couldn't help it. Hubby and I had lots of problems getting pregnant, lost 1, then here we are with a perfect daughter, and in a blink of an eye, there's a chance that she can get severely sick.

I guess it's the time of the year again for hubby to go grocery shopping. Last year, he was the only one who regularly did it, he said it's too "lessen the exposure to the virus." Then before he'd come up to our room, he'd make sure he disinfects himself with alcohol.

I never knew I would be like this. I guess Motherhood really can change you. Because then, your first priority is to protect your loved ones, especially the little ones since they're helpless.

Virus, virus go away!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:43:00 AM  

Haha you sound just like me! I carry homemade disinfectant wipes in my car and I sterilize the buggy when I go grocery shopping. Plus I have a cart cover that covers everything too!

Reply to comment
Edwards Girls Friday, July 16, 2010 6:38:00 PM  

Ugh. I lived this last year. Hiding away my kids, spraying buggies at stores before touching them. I looked crazy I am sure! Then my mother flew here to visit and brought the flu right in the front door. Honestly, while I know many were very sick, it was not a big deal after it hit us. My kids all watched movies for 4 days, ate well the whole time and bounced right back. Whew!

I am following you now from Fun Follow Friday :)
Hope you'll stop and visit me too: http://whatifedmyfamilytoday.blogspot.com/

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP