Spoilt Saturday fun!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Guess what I found when I woke up? Three large red blotches on my daughter's face, all on the left side! After 2 hours or so, I found out she had 2 more, 1 on her left earlobe, the other on her right temple! Darn it!

We were supposed to go to a party in the afternoon but since I saw those rashes, I panicked! You see, I didn't get her the measles shot yet and yes, there is an epidemic going around. When I finally decided for her to have the shot, the pedia goes, she has to be well 2 weeks prior to the shot. Thing is she gets sick when the 2 weeks allowance is almost up.

So I decided, before we go to the party, we should see a pedia, even if it's not her pedia. I want assurance that it's not the measles because I'd hate it if someone says they got a disease from my daughter. I can't risk exposing other kids, I think that's MY responsibility.

We waited at the pedia's office and as soon as we went in, I blurted, "Is it the measles?" She replies, "No, it's an insect bite and it's just a semi-severe reaction". GREAT!! Woohooo Finally, a sigh of relief!

Needless to say we didn't make it to the party. I knew my little one was anticipating it but I just couldn't risk it. I know she understands. The mother of the celebrant also sent me a message as to why we weren't there considering we are almost neighbors. There was nothing I could do but explain. I knew she understood too. I hope to make it up to them soon!

1 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

nicquee Monday, March 22, 2010 2:29:00 PM  

Awwww. At least hindi measles diba?

I use Giga for Ayex's insect bites. Although hindi nawawala agad ang mark, hindi naman makati so hindi niya kinakamot.

I hope the marks are gone by now.

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP