Thursday, March 25, 2010
A good friend from college posted this. For more food pictures or recipes (she will be posting some soon), please Become a Fan of her page on Facebook, Kay's Kitchen HERE.
To know how: Posted by Kay today 25th March at 3:07pm
This is one of my latest winning recipes. I was one of the 21 finalists last 2008 for Good Housekeeping's DEL MONTE PIÑA-LUSOG FAMILY, PIÑA-HAPPY MOMMY PROMO. Wasn't picked the grand winner but nevertheless, still won some cash$ ;).
So I wanted to share with you guys my winning recipe.
CHICKEN PINYAKI - VIAND
1 kilo chicken thigh fillet (or you can also use chicken wings)
1 red bell pepper – cut into strips
1 green bell pepper – cut into strips
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. cornstarch
Shitake mushrooms (optional) – sliced
¼ cup light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
¾ cup light soy sauce
1 small can DEL MONTE Pineapple crushed (syrup included)
5 tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl prepare the marinade mixture.
2. Marinade the chicken in the marinade mix. Let stand for about an hour in the refrigerator.
3. Sauté the chopped garlic and onion in a little oil and add the butter.
4. Add the marinated chicken (including the marinade). When marinade starts to boil, add some water (around 3 cups).
5. Boil chicken until tender.
6. Add the soy sauce and sugar
7. Optional – add the sliced shitake mushrooms.
8. Add the cornstarch (mixed in a little water) to thicken sauce a little.
9. Add the green and red bell pepper.
Can't wait to try this next week!