Growing up too soon

Thursday, January 20, 2011

We just got back (about an hour ago) from little Missy's first fitting. She'll be a flower girl 2 Saturdays from now and it's her first time.

As soon as I saw the dress, I knew she'd look beautiful in it (of course every Mommy knows that), but I also knew what was wrong with it. It was too long.

A part of me wanted to believe that it was just too long, that the couturier kept it long in case of adjustments. But a part of me also didn't want to believe it could have been that long because it meant she grew up fast on me.

When she tried it on, she didn't look like a baby anymore. She wasn't my snuggly bunny. She already turned into a beautiful little girl. I felt that pang I always read about in books. More so when she started shying away, knowing everyone was looking at her.

Oh well... I knew this would happen but I didn't think it was sooner rather than later. I told the couturier to cut off 3 inches to make sure she wouldn't trip on her dress. I'd rather expose her ankles and shoes that do a long gownish sort of thing then have her fall during her walk. So, we'll be back there on Saturday and hopefully I don't forget to take pictures (again).

As a parent, have you ever felt this sad but happy feeling knowing your kid/s are growing up too soon?

Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

5 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Katherine Sicat Friday, January 21, 2011 12:23:00 AM  

sis, si kia, last January 12 un first time nia..aha! kaloka.. wah! di naman pwde magrequest ng aircon dun sa Antipolo Church, ehe! masikip un damit nia kaya di nia naenjoy saka maigsi..ehe! actually, di xa kasali dun, naisali lang kasi un pinalitan nia, tagaBicol daw at nagkaruon ng rashes..kaya imbes na saling pusa, naisali talaga..ehe! ang tawag nga nila sa akin dun, Stage Mom daw..wah! paano sa lahat ng pictures nia, kasama ko sa album ng classmate ko ng highschool, wah! si kia kasi pinakabata.. nakakatuwa un experience and you'll gonna experience it too sooner..hihi! ang ginawa ko pala para maglakad sya sa aisle, nilagyan ko ng Stick-O un basket nia saka spoon en fork, para maglakad sya ng maayos, una nashock siguro xa sa dami ng spot light at flash ng camera..wah! pero in the middle naman, nakapaglakad ng maayos ang biik, baby pala..hihi! during the ceremony naman, pati mga kids, binigyan ko na rin, kasi nag-iiyak na at malikot na sila eh.. 3:30pm kasi un wedding.. oras ng tulog ng bata..wah!ui, ang haba na..weh! miss you and maka :)

Reply to comment
ghsgsdbx Friday, January 21, 2011 12:46:00 AM  

Just a few weeks ago, I took my son to McDonalds for lunch. I'm used to having to get his drink for him, and squirt the ketchup into the little cups because he can't reach... Well this time, he insisted that I let him do it. So I handed him the cup and off he went. He didn't have any trouble, and I was so happy to see the look of accomplishment on his face! But at the same time, I was sad because I knew that this is just another one of those things that he don't need mommy for anymore. 10 minutes later, he went to grab some napkins though, and couldn't reach. He turned around with this cute little look on his face and said, "mommy, I need your help". That made my day. Aaaah motherhood.

Reply to comment
Anonymous,  Friday, January 21, 2011 3:46:00 PM  

Oh my...I feel the pangs all the time...and to think that I am with my daughter everyday! I watch mother-daughter movies and I feel it. I watch a daughter getting married and her mother in tears, and then I also cry. It's "OA", I know. But I can't help it. I want her to remain my snuggly bunny (as you say!) forever, but I also want to see her grow and develop into a lady. Oh, the joys and pains of being a mother, huh? *sigh!*

- Mama Mia

Reply to comment
Crib Friday, January 21, 2011 4:29:00 PM  

I am feeling that too. Though my daughter is only 10 months old but she grows so fast. Literally, her height is way to high for her age. I am also excited when the time comes that she will be a flower girl. :-)

Reply to comment
Shengkay Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:25:00 AM  

My baby is turning 4 months pa lang..but everytime i see her parang hindi ako makapaniwala shes getting bigger and she dont look like an infant na..hahaha..tapos some of her pajamas is paiksi na..ganun ba talaga kabilis lumaki ang mga baby?..seems kahapon lang ako nanganak sa kanya..tapos ngayon she happily interact with the people around her..hayss..i know as a new mommy marami2 pa talaga akong kakabaliwan na mga changes sa baby ko..

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP