A little help goes a long way

Friday, October 1, 2010

I hope people know just how much saying "Just let me know if you need anything and I'll be there." means, especially from family.

Since my helper left today, my mom, sisters and Lola (grandma) were worried for us. I know it's weird, that they think I'm like a 12-year old living independently with a little girl. But that's just how they are. That's why family is very important for us. Amidst heavy rains, all of them were willing to come over at any time if I needed help. But I told them I didn't.

My little girl is 2 now, she can follow directions and wander around on her own without me supervising her much (I still have tables and other furniture hugging the walls though just to make sure). I only had to give her a chair, a table, a pen, and a couple of pieces of paper and she was fine. I was able to do lots of things in a short amount of time.

I was surprised we could do this. I was surprised we can do this alone. She indeed grew up too fast on me. This was my biggest fear a couple of months back, that I won't be able to do it alone because she'd be fussy, might try to go down the bed on her own and fall, might try to climb chairs, and touch things that she shouldn't. But now, I'm amazed that she's not a baby anymore... she's a kid! Sometimes she'd still try and fight back, maybe just to test me, but in the end, I still get my way.

My helper leaving is a good thing, I think. Aside from her trying to burn the house down a couple of times, I think it's a sign, a sign to test us on how far me and the little one can go on our own. My family will always be a phone call away, and 10-mins away geographically, but this time, we'll try really, really hard.

Another thing, since she left today, me and my tot's bonding time has been different. I know I spend just a couple more minutes more away from her but whenever I come back, I get a warm welcome, as if I was gone for hours. I love it!

So dear blog, I'll try and write as much as I can, maybe even more because I will have more stories to share, but if I can't or don't, I hope you don't feel bad. Yep, I know my family will be here soon enough. They are sure to have surprise visits soon, pretending to check up on me but actually worried and wanting to help. I'm thankful, their help and love really goes a long way, but for now, I'll enjoy being on my own... well, with my little elf that is.

Thanks for reading everyone and have a great weekend!

Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP