I think She's a future chef

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ever since my niece brought her cooking toys here, my little missy can't stop asking for them. She uses her puzzle pieces as food and hand fans or boxes as pots and pans. Not to mention all our remote controls and pens as ladles, stirrers, etc. I think I just may have a future chef in my hands!

Yesterday I cooked some stir-fried vegetables. I carried her to the kitchen and told her to mix it. She did such a great job but I couldn't get a picture of her as I was carrying her in my arms! I have to get one of those stools for her so I can capture it next time.

Just my opinion, but I think the fact that she's been playing on a writing slate since she was young helped her motor skills. I thought at first she wouldn't be able to mix it because the steel wok turner was kind of heavy, but she did. She also mixed in a circular motion right away instead of just pushing the veggies around.

I guess this is one of the advantages of giving her learning toys since she was young. I really didn't think that it would manifest the result in cooking but I'm glad it did. Now I know that most of what she's doing at her age is probably because of what she had learned when she was still an infant. I often ask myself nowadays, "How is she able to do that?" Now I know.


I'm glad that even if we, her parents, weren't able to give her what most kids have (you know, those big colorful toys that has lots of sounds or move a lot, you get what I mean?), I think we made a good choice on what we DID give her. Even though she only had 1 or 2 toys that were out of our budget, I know now that it was all worth it.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP