How did she know?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I opened a can of liver spread for my morning sandwich. I know it might seem weird for some people, especially for those from another country, but here, it's just a sandwich spread.

As I was feeding my little missy, she sees the bowl where the spread is and starts saying "Pâté". I was so shocked to hear her say that. I never taught her that. The only time I remember using that word was when I was pregnant with her and we ate in this fancy restaurant. Me and my hubby were with my mom, grandma and aunt and I remember them hating the stuff (duck liver).

So where'd she learn it from? Yes my little missy may be a bit advanced but I don't think it stems from things she heard in utero, right? I guess she must have seen and heard it from the TV or something.

Now I got to watch closely with her. If she can mimic and remember that, and that's not something that's shown everyday, what more about the things that are played over and over (and over). Don't take me wrong, I watch with her all the time. The only time I leave the room is when I need to make a personal break.

Studies did say that infants/toddlers absorb things like a sponge. I love the fact that she can read on her own now, and that she interacts with Team Umizumi or when Mickey asks a question. I don't mind that at all, but maybe there are some things I'm still not ready for like her ability to retain words and images in a short span of time.

I see I still have lots of stuff to read on. I never knew being a first time parent would require so much learning. I am loving all of it and I'm thankful that we now have the internet.

Thanks for reading. Happy Tuesday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Aleksandra Nearing Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:49:00 AM  

Hah, I'd think she heard it from you, not TV>..how often does the word pate pop up on TV? Actually, I can't answer that since we don't watch TV, nor does my daughter! But we do love pate!

Reply to comment
Bree, Home of Blogmania Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:20:00 AM  

Isn't it amazing what kids pick up on...very cool sometimes and yet baffling others! Cool..Hey- there is an affiliate blog program that just opened up- maybe just see what the details of your role may be and the type of money available??? email Blogmaniapr@gmail.com (Gina) but tell her I sent you or you may not get the details :) thanks! Bree- www.BreeBee.com- have a great day/night.

Reply to comment
Bitsy Baby Photography Monday, August 02, 2010 1:37:00 AM  

WOW, that is amazing, they are surely little sponges....my little one surprises me a lot lately too, she'll turn 2 in Oct. All on her own she started feeding and caring or her dolls, it's the CUTEST thing ever. I hope you guys have a wonderful 2year party, can't wait to see how everything goes!

Reply to comment
SM Monday, August 02, 2010 12:00:00 PM  

Isn't the sweetest thing to watch your child develop step-by-step? My son is 2 and says a lot of funny, cute and adorable things.

I invite you to enter my Rock N learn Educational DVD Giveaway.It is an excellent product for children and worth entering!

http://toddlertalesbymommy.blogspot.com/2010/07/dvd-rock-n-learn-phonics-vol-1-review.html

Have a great day!

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP