Birthday Theme

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My little one turns 2 in September. I know it's like 4 months away but things seem to be going by so fast that I am thinking of a theme for her party this early.

September is one of those typhoon months in our country. Last year, I had to postpone her party three times, yes 3x, because of major typhoons hitting Manila. Typhoon Ondoy, or internationally known as Ketsana, wrought the biggest havoc and that was the exact date of her party. A few of my friends tried to go but I called them all and said not to, since we were starting to get stuck in heavy floods.

Anyway, since that time of the year is pretty cool because of the rain, I was thinking of a Cowboy theme. At least with all the layers, the kiddos won't sweat much. Being me, I googled cowboy boots before I even thought of the costume and I would love to get my daughter one of those pretty kids John Deere Boots... and it comes in pink and white, yay! Now that I found a perfect pair for my daughter, time to match one for mommy (and maybe daddy) too, right? I found us these Twisted X Boots, and mine can also come in pink and brown to match hers, while a light or dark blue and brown pair would be perfect for Daddy.

Now for the costume. I found some great stuff on ebay, but I thought most of them just look like layers. Frugal me thinks, as long as I have the right boots, scarf and hat, I can pull this off without actually buying a set for the costume. Well actually, I still may need to buy a vest. But at least I spend less right?

I'm getting so excited just thinking of what games to play or what to decorate with. I'm liking what I've thought of and seen (online) so far especially because it's unusual for us here. We don't really have cowboys so this should be one unique party.

Please do let me know if you have any ideas for cheap giveaways or prizes for games. I'd love to hear them. I don't promise that this will be the final theme, but it's a start. Last year we had a fairy (Tinkerbell) party and it was too girly. I felt sorry for the boys that they couldn't dress up much. Now I think it will be more enjoyable for all.

Hmm... so what's next? We'll see tomorrow. Hope y'all are enjoying your Saturdays!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Not HER Again Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:16:00 AM  

Hmmm. Cowboy/cowgirl theme? How about a horseshoe-shaped cake (you can find cake pans shaped like this) with pink icing? Activities: Pin the Tail on the Pony. "Campfire" eats: hot dogs, s'mores. :)

- Mel at themeaparty.com

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP