My own lumpia: Tuna and Pepper Wrap

Saturday, March 13, 2010


As I was scouring recipe sites for seafood recipes, I my remember the days when I was still "working". A food provider sold a unique kind of "lumpia" (wrap) that I always had to buy when they catered. I know there's pepper because I see the stalk at the end of the wrap, and I do recall the taste of tuna. So I'm hoping to do some experiment and see if I can replicate the dish.

I would need:

  • green finger peppers
  • can of spicy tuna
  • garlic
  • onion
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • lumpia (spring roll/pastry) wrappers


I'm pretty sure you can conclude how to cook this but let me try it first before I actually recommend it. There might be some ingredients missing but I'll know as I'm cooking. Watch out for a follow up blog and pictures, of course.


UPDATE (03.22.2010)~~


Since my Lola and sister ate this with us, I decided to skip the "spicyness".

Initially, I intended:
  • a can of spicy tuna
  • finger peppers to be split open but not sliced, seeded but pulp intact and won't be washed after seeding

Modifications:
  • Used Tuna in brine
  • Peppers sliced in half lengthwise and removed seeds (and pulp). Washed again to minimize spicyness
  • Added strips of cheese, and
  • Cut the peppers when they tend to curve to make is easier to wrap them

1 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP