Another Panda update?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A buzz has been going around in our mommy community about some blogs changing their PR or Page Rank again. Most of the ranks stayed the same but those that were drastically demoted went up for a number of moms.

I'm happy to say that some of the blogs I bought who went down by 2 now went up by 1. I know the rank shouldn't be the basis of it's success (as much as good, sensible content) but sometimes it helps to think you may be doing something right.

There are still a lot of things for me to learn but looks like I'm going the right part, or at least I hope so. With help and sound advice from my guru friends, I know I'll learn more really soon.

How about you? Were your blogs affected by this recent, though quite untimely, update?

Like this post?
Subscribe to this blog by email HERE
Get updates via Facebook HERE
Follow me on twitter HERE

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Nice to meet you, my name is Speed Bumpie Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:26:00 AM  

Just a FYI
PageRank has nothing to do with Panda and vice versa.

Google is frequently rolling out updates to Panda (which you really want to avoid getting caught up in) but PageRank is only updated in the tool bar a couple times a year now and has very little impact other than bragging rights. It helps determine crawl rate and depth but not organic rankings.

Panda on the other hand is attempting to determine overall site quality by measuring numerous metrics such as user behavior, quality of content, amount of duplicate content etc. For blogs, the biggest issues I have seen have been publishing too much syndicated content and over-tagging posts which can lead to tremendous amounts of duplicate content.

Overall, I noticed most sites I monitor dropped a notch in terms of PR (even Google).

Reply to comment
The Pepperrific Life Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:23:00 AM  

My blog's PR went up 2 notches, so I guess that's reason to celebrate :). Though I have to admit, I'm still trying to grasp the entire concept of this PR thing.

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP