Christmas at the office

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Facebook is such a great tool, don't you think? For the past couple of days I've been busy looking at my friends' Christmas party photos at the office. I'm not saying I regret being a stay-at-home mom but their pictures look like they're having so much fun.

I remember when I used to work, it was usually this time that I get a headache thinking of what to give my friends and my staff. Usually people give mugs or paper weights, I get a lot of those sometimes I have no idea what to do with them. I bring most of them home and use them for decoration or I change my mugs for a different feel.

As I was searching the internet for gift items, I had an awesome idea. I could gift them these beautiful badge lanyards or a personalized ID lanyard! Whenever I go out with my family, I'd see these employees with really cute lanyards that sometimes look like funky necklaces. During my time, we didn't have the "funk" yet. We just used a plain old looking string of cloth with the company's name and logo.

I didn't see those anymore in my friends' photos. I guess a lot has really changed since I left, after all, it's been 3 years. I just love looking at how they are and how my friends have grown, especially those that used to work for me. Some of them are even Managers now. Some even send me messages, up to now thanking me of what I've taught them when I was still working and how they're able to use it to their advantage.

It's nice to know I've helped some people. It's even nicer to know that it's appreciated. When we still worked together, when somebody said Thank You for my help, I took it for granted. Now that I see them from afar, it means a whole lot of difference. I see that I've changed lives.

Christmas is not only a time for sharing, it's also a time for thanksgiving. After all, if it wasn't for the birth of Jesus, we wouldn't be celebrating at all. So, Thank You Jesus. Thank You too for all those who said Thank You to me. You don't know how much it means to me now.

I don't need to be in an office, with a large group of people to feel the spirit of Christmas. This works perfectly too, Christmas at home, reading Thank You messages from friends.

How about you, did you have a great Christmas at the office? Or are you like me, enjoying the peace and tranquility of home with your loved ones, offline and online.






Like this post? To subscribe to this blog by email, click HERE
Want updates via Facebook? Click HERE to take you to our Facebook page.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP