To Stocks or not to Stocks

Monday, May 31, 2010

Last week I blogged about receiving a gift from my insurance. Although it's not a huge amount, investing it seems to come to mind.

Firstly, I'd love to pay at least some of the bills, but since this insurance was a product of impulsiveness (we thought about it maybe 2 days before finally deciding to get one), I'm also considering possible investment scenarios. I feel considering investing it is important because now, I no longer live for myself, but for my little tot.

I remember my college friend Mike. As soon as he graduated, he went into online stock trading. He said at first it wasn't really that rewarding in terms of money but as you learn how the game is played, you get to choose the right investments. I think this was how he was able to earn enough to enroll himself through college. He is now a doctor.

Another encounter with Stocks was when I had to arrange to sell all my late father's stocks. Reading from the internet, it seemed like we had to go through so much just to have everything transferred to someone else's (my mom for example) name just so we can sell it. Transferring would cost a lot of money and selling would incur taxes as well. Lose-lose situation either way because we would have to shell out money first when the need for money was actually the reason why we were selling. If we didn't need the money, I would have told my mom to hold off until the economy performs better (this was in 2000, I think).

Good thing another college friend, Ge (short for Gerald) helped us out on this. He did everything for us and his fee was very minimal. Up until now he's still doing stock trading on the side. I have yet to prepare my grandmother's requirements since she wants to sell her stocks too so I still keep in touch with Ge.

Browsing the internet for information about stocks led me to a lot of free online training. Maybe when I get more time on my hands I can seriously consider this as an occupation on the side. I love how information can be so easily available, even the daily stock picks. I love numbers, so maybe... one day... one day. For now, I have to decide if it's worth investing into.

Thanks for reading. Hope you all have a great week.



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP