Playing in the rain, finally.

Friday, May 28, 2010

My daughter and I just finished playing in the rain. After a long dry spell, we finally had rain. It poured though it didn't last for more than 10 minutes. I love rain, but apparently, my little one is scared of the sound it made as it hit our roof.

My mom wanted her to see the rain to conquer her fear so she took her to the door. Voila! She opened the door and wanted to step out! I immediately changed my clothes and removed her nappy then took her outside.

The drops were icy cold!! Each drop was huge and coming down real fast. At first she got scared of being wet but since she saw I was happy and smiling, I guess she tried to enjoy it too. My mom then took out her small umbrella to play with. Although she was already soaked, like a princess she still held the umbrella over her head.

Then after maybe 3 minutes, I saw her legs shaking. I quickly carried her so I'd transfer my body heat to her. I asked if she felt cold, "Yes" was her reply. I asked if she wanted to go in already, a vehement "No".

I saw puddles of water quickly forming in the street so I decided to open the gate. As we didn't have any garage doors nor any roofing in our carport, walking to the gate on washed cement carrying a 12kg toddler on your arm proved to be quite a feat. She was so happy seeing the water splash everywhere as tires sped through the puddles. She was also intrigued by other children playing in the rain.

After some time, I decided to take her in, against her will. It was a belief that getting soaked by rain in May can cure prickly heat. But ice cold rain?? I think a few minutes was enough for her. I'd rather have some prickly heat on her than have her have a cold because of it.

How I wish that when we do get our own house constructed, we'd have one of those fancy electric garage doors. Aside from keeping our vehicles (and some other things) safe and dry, it would be easier to just push a button, see the door go up and watch the raindrops from the garage.

Now off to check out some garage door prices! Have a great Friday everyone!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

11 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Clean Mama Friday, May 28, 2010 8:46:00 PM  

Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for stopping by my blog - have a great weekend!

Reply to comment
Stacey @ Chasing Cloud 9 Friday, May 28, 2010 9:17:00 PM  

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower ;) Have a wonderful day!

Reply to comment
Anonymous,  Friday, May 28, 2010 10:27:00 PM  

Hi! Thanks for hopping on by! :) I'm following you back!

Kim
http://chubbycheeksthinks.blogspot.com

Reply to comment
Josie Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:07:00 AM  

hahaha we had rain here today too, at least it cooled the air a little, your little angel will remember her happy moment in the rain.thanks for dropping by.

http://wwww.josieswindow.info
http://wwww.josieskitchen.info

Reply to comment
Letherton Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:49:00 AM  

Here from blog hop friday and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Reply to comment
Bree, Home of Blogmania Saturday, May 29, 2010 2:18:00 AM  

A garage door certainly is LOVELY, happy hunting. Following you back from friday blog hop and tweeting with you! @MacKidNWClumbus, have a great, dry, weekend!

Reply to comment
Susan Cook Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:30:00 AM  

I'm glad she enjoyed the rain and hopefully got over her fear.

Thanks for following me - following you back♥

Reply to comment
Amanda Tempel Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:27:00 PM  

Hey there :)

Thanks for stopping by, I am now following you back from Frienly Friday.

http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP