She turned 19 months today

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy 19th month birthday to my little princess!

I know I probably shouldn't be counting months already and just say she's just a year old but sometimes it seems it misrepresents her. I know I'm biased because I am her mom, but I believe every parent shows bias when talking about their children. I also know that most 1 year old can do what my daughter can but in my eyes, in our eyes as parents, our children will always be special.

Anyway, our day started slow, rest for hubby basically for a very hectic week. But in the afternoon, hubby decided to take us with him to a bachelorette party! Wooohooo! You may be thinking, a bachelorette party for a 19-month old??? Oh.. this one is all clean fun. No dancers or kinky games or anything, it was a simple gathering of friends wishing the bride-to-be happiness and success in the next chapter of her life.

Before we went to the "party", hubby decided to buy a couple dozen of Krispy Kreme doughtnuts as our share for the food. When we were about to pay for the doughnuts, the kind lady at the window (we ordered through their drive thru) took a liking to my little one. She gave her a free mini strawberry donut and the long green KK balloon! I guess her birthday is her lucky day. I should remember that, every 24th is her lucky day. Maybe that will come in handy for her, and me, sometime!

So off to Antipolo we go, with fresh, hot, KK doughnuts yummm! On the way, we also bought a small bag of cashews, it's one of the things Antipolo is famous for. Buying the cashews was a good call. We lost our way a couple of times so it's good that we were munching on something while being lost. Imagine being lost and hungry! I'd probably go mad and pick a fight with Daddy the whole time!

When we got to the party, it was so fun meeting hubby's co-workers. They were speaking different languages and I found it all so interesting. Multi-lingual, multi-cultural people having fun together. So this was hubby's world. Now I know why he said it was challenging at first but excited at the same time. Yes, I still remember those words from his first day at work.

They all had fun with my little princess too. She was dancing to any tune, ballroom, 80's or hiphop. She was even dancing to karaoke music :) They also loved seeing her run all over the place. She also loved patting Fluffy the dog, geez my girl never thought twice about patting him. As soon as I put her down, she just ran towards him and patted his head! (After of course I asked the owner if he bites!) They also loved watching her read her flash cards!


It was fun hearing hubby's co-workers talk. They tried to talk to my little princess in Korean, German, Thai, Bahasa, etc. Wouldn't it be amazing if they understand some of my daughter's babble?? Maybe for me it's just blah blah blah, child babbling but what if some of those yadayada actually meant something in a different language. Now, that's interesting! I have to ask them to talk to her again soon and let me know if she's multi-lingual too.

Hope you had a great Saturday. Thanks for reading.

3 thought/s shared. Click to add yours.:

Witchie's Place Monday, April 26, 2010 12:17:00 AM  

The little princess looked adorable!! But looking skeptically at my dear friend on the KK's...

Glad you had a great time and just think, if hubby's coworkers keep talking to her, she might learn several new languages!!

Reply to comment
Rolly Marcial Monday, April 26, 2010 9:26:00 PM  

She's sooooo cute ate! I get really, really charmed by babies, and your little princess looks so adorable in that cute ballerina dress. I wanna pinch her cheeks. :)

Reply to comment

Comment hereDoFollow Badge - Blue2

I'd love to know your thoughts and all comments on this blog are DoFollow. :D




Recent "Tots" from friends.

Current Top Commentators (July 2011)


Get Widget Here

Linkies I joined

Parenting Blogs

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP